Wednesday 6 June 2012

Thrift shop manifestation (with chickens)

Oooooooooooh!  The op-shop gods were smiling on  me today!

Holds 2-3 cups, and doesn't leak

I thoroughly believe in op-shop manifestation, as described to me by a friend years and years ago.  It goes like this - at some point, if you are a good and (moderately) virtuous person who charity shops regularly, things that you have been looking for appear as if by magic, when least expected.

You could be going to the op-shop for a totally different thing (today I was looking for winter PJs for DS, didn't find them) and you turn around and there's something you've been thinking about for ages.






Squeeeee! He's delightful


It's been something of a joke among my girlfriends
that I drink a lot of tea, and love chickens, but
don't have a chicken teapot.  I was actually eyeing one
off at the markets on Sunday, but I was already in
trouble for buying a child's 'tag-along' bike (like the one you can order here), and a decorative plate with, you guessed it, chickens on it, and so my lovely friend C said I couldn't get it.  She's limited me to one chicken item per Sunday on our weekly trek to the Gepps Cross Markets (fruit and veg one side, car boot sale the other)!  As she points out, there is little point in saving money on groceries if I then go and spend the saved amount on trash / treasure.

But now I'm really really glad I listened to her (and sometimes I don't) because this one blows it out of the water.  AND it was only FIVE DOLLARS.  I'd have happily paid 30 for it, and didn't have to.  Thankyou, oh op-shop gods!

No comments:

Post a Comment