Saturday 11 February 2012

Prettiest cat in Adelaide (tm) - Haiku


Oh Princess Ada,
My fluffy little pusskin:
Grey, white, bony, soft.

Wow, I've never written a haiku to a cat before, that was fun!  Ada is of course totally unimpressed... 

Ada (AKA Pretty Princess Cat, or The Pocket-sized Princess of Perfection, or Trotty Trot Cat) is a grand old lady cat of 11 years, we got her as a tiny tiny stray kitten, and she was my baby until our kids came along.  She's still tiny, just 2.8kg.  My ickle wickle princess licks my feet while I'm sitting on the loo in the morning (TMI maybe?), and sleeps on my feet in bed.  She is named after the first programming language that DH learned at uni (ADA, which is in turn named after Lady Ada Lovelace, the 'first lady' of computers).  Total nerd attack!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Never realised that you were THAT much of a GEEK!

    I thought she was 'Ada' as in a lovely old fashioned name.

    She is a pretty little cat.

    My mum lived on Ada Street when she was growing up.

    Birdie

    ReplyDelete